Sunday, October 12, 2008

Imagination

It's been a long time since Halloween was much more than a bump in the road on the rush to Christmas, but this year I have two little 3 years olds in my family that have been caught up in the "Whatcha goin' to be?" and have been eagerly planning their escape from reality to the fantasy of being their favorite character. Braxton of course, chose BUZZ LIGHTYEAR, And Avery chose CINDERELLA, she said I should be Sleeping Beauty, but I told her, The best I could do was be the "Fairy Grandmother!"
Ahh, but if I could for just a day, transform myself into someone else who would it be? There's lots of things I'd like to be:
thinner
fitter
smarter
funnier
more spiritual
I'd like to be able to really belt out a song...
but someone else? nah. I read somewhere "to thine own self...be enough". I think for Halloween this year, I'll be a thinner, smarter, funnier, etc, version of me.

7 comments:

Nicole said...

Nice work on the cinderella costume! It's so cute. I loved it when you made my princess costume when I was little(with the blue sparkly fabric from Tina's prom dress). You've got to be the best fairy grandmother around!

Jill said...

Darn, Mom, you stole my costume. I guess I'll have to be someone besides you.

Judy said...

Do you love being a grandmother as much as I do? I just wish mine were closer - it would save a lot of postage and make them much easier to kiss and snuggle. You're amazing, love the princess dress.

Stephanie said...

We miss you! Someday we'll give you a 3-year-old that you can be fairy grandmother for, but for now, those ones are so freakin' cute that I don't even feel bad for making you wait!

Unknown said...

Cathy, Leanna finally invited me to her blog to check out pics of the new baby and I saw a link to Jill's blog which led me to your blog. You haven't aged a day in 15 years! Glad to see everything is going well. I'm working for a company called Shutterfly in Charlotte, NC but will be moving to Phoenix in March to open up our new facility. Tell Barry hello for me. -Bryce

Lulu said...

I don't think it's possible for you to be any funnier, I have side aches from laughing so hard every time I'm around you. You're perfect just the way you are :)

Benjamin said...

I love you MOM, miss you tons! You did such a great job being the fairy god mother for Halloween!