Sunday, September 7, 2008

Princess

Barry and I were invited to go to Disneyland this weekend with Christina and Josh. Since Barry's work is already 1/2 way to Jill's, we just met up at Jill's house in Goodyear and left from there. Well, Avery's eyes lit up when she heard the "D" word so we decided to bring her along. It's magical to see Disneyland through a child's perspective. She was actually greeting old friends when she saw Tigger and Pooh.


















But the awe on her little face when she saw the "Princesses" brought tears to my eyes. It obviously meant so much to her. There was a place designated where kids could meet and greet the "Princesses".








She ran to each one with her arms out stretched. I couldn't believe how emotional I got. Her little face was just beaming. Afterwards, we came upon a parade and she watched mesmerized as each float went by. But when the float with Belle from "Beauty and the Beast" came by, Avery's face just lit up and she cupped her hands over her mouth and yelled,"Belle, it's me Avery!"

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Gosh Cathy, your darn post brought tears to my eyes just thinking about how darling she must have been.

Jill said...

Spencer and I are just now recovering from having her gone and from missing all the excitement. Luckily for us, we get to go and see for ourselves!!

Nicole said...

Avery is darling! I can just see her yelling out to Belle! She melts my heart

Big Bad Brett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Big Bad Brett said...

Looks fun! Got one I'd like to get rid of for awhile if you're interested.