Friday, August 7, 2009

Some People Can Dish it Out....

Okay, so I suck at blogging. Lots of stuff has happened since my last entry. So I won't even try to catch up. Besides, at this very moment I'm typing with one hand and I'm on drugs. So a picture is going to have to be worth a 1,000 words.

While washing dishes a plate snapped in half and cut my hand open. I grabbed a beach towel with a panda head on it and called my mom. She ran me to urgent care. When they unwrapped my hand from the towel, it looked like someone had shot the panda through the head.
The doc didn't want me ripping out any of his stitches, so he put me in a splint. A little over kill if you ask me, but hey, he prescribed no more washing dishes for 2 weeks. At least the splint matches my toenail polish and PJs.

I've been working this summer on trying to get the dining room and front room painted and draperies made. This is the dining room. You can't see the chair rail very good in the picture but it turned out great.


I've had a birthday since I last blogged. It was nice to have Christina, Josh, Jill, Spencer, Avery, Logan, mom and of course Barry there to help celebrate.

Ben and Steph came for a little over a week in July. That was FUN. I took advantage of their willingness to help out and rented scaffolding and painted the two story entry and family room. This is Steph, a construction guy wanna be, eating her lunch while sitting on top the scaffolding. Ben figured out the strange contortion so we could paint above the stairs. Man, I love that kid.

Steph, my little spider monkey. The girl has no fear. She just sat up there while Ben rolled her for place to place.
Barry snapped this picture of his lovely ETERNAL companion. We painted the wrought iron fence with spray paint and it was getting in every crevice of my well creviced body, so this was my solution. Ever had black spray paint on your nose hairs? So don't laugh.
My little Michigan arm of the family came for a visit in May. This is Joz. She's fearless. Avery is peeking around the corner. mmmwah, I could kiss their little faces off.
My little guy Brax getting ready to slide with Avery. These little peeps are as cute as their parents used to be.

Okay, I'm getting Carpel tunnel here. Who knows what grand adventures I'll meet up with when next I write.


2 comments:

Judy said...

You know Cath you'll do anything for attention. That dish story - hmmm I can't believe what a nasty cut a plate can inflict on an unsuspecting hand. Sorry you had to go to such great lengths to get out of doing the dishes. Did it get you out of cooking too?

Nicole said...

That looks so painful Mom!! But on a happy note...the dining room looks amazing! I love the window treatment - nice work. Is that the fabric you got in Utah? Love the pics of you, Ben, and Steph painting and the little kiddos. Anyway, we LOVED having you come and visit. miss you!!