Saturday, June 14, 2008

Finger Lickin' Good

I had a birthday this week. I came home from church to my daughter's, Spencer and my mom cooking a sumputous meal (poached salmon, baked potaoes, strawberry mango salad, homemade french onion soup, (YUM thanks Spence) and German Chocolate Cake made from scratch YUMMMMIIEE!! Avery was so excited about having a birthday party she REALLY wanted to help. So she volunteered to help blow out the candles

and pass out the cake to everyone.
Of course, she had to taste each piece before she handed it over!


I've decided my house looks a little tired so I asked for some new light fixtures for my birthday. So far Barry and I have only gotten one of the three hung. We are waiting for Ben to come and tackle the harder ones. But it's still such a boost to get a change.

6 comments:

Judy said...

The meal sounds amazing and the best part is that you didn't have to do any of it! Hope your birthday was just as good. Love the new light!

Jill said...

The French Onion Soup was delicious. My husband is great. And the best part was that Avery licked everyone's plate, but didn't even touch her own. Sounds like something her grandma would do (there isn't any calories if you are just tasting someone elses' right?).

Benjamin said...

The new light fixture looks amazing. I am excited to get the other 2 up for you.

Big Bad Brett said...

Wow, what a nice birthday and beautiful light fixtures. Happy birthday Mom, we love you.
BBJJBBJJ

Sunshine said...

Happy Birthday! I love that Avery licked everyone's plate! I love your new light fixtures...if you ever need to get a creative fix out of your system, come visit and spend Scott's money instead. I'll thank you for it! Love you!!! Happy birthday!

Nicole said...

I'm so glad you posted pictures so we could be part of your birthday party. Avery is hilarious! Love ya guys and love the new decorations!