Sunday, May 18, 2008

Proud

The whole family came to support Nicole and Christian and luckily the wedding landed right at the beginning of Brett's spring break from the University of Michigan. So we got to have them for 10 wonderful days!! One of my very favorite things to do is watch my kids parent. Brett is such an amazing dad. He makes fathering look SO fun. I just love to sit back and watch the commotion. He uses sound effects as a favorite parenting tool and he's easy to locate if his kids are anywhere near...just follow the screeching. He is passionate about his family and that's where he finds his joy.

The Brett Hulet's-Brett, Braxton,Jozalyn and Jen

He is lucky enough to have married someone who shares his passion for family. Jen is devoted to her brood and no detail of their care is overlooked. She enjoys being a mom and wife and her family thrives under her devotion to them. She is one of my favorite people to hang out with. And she also shares my passion for Last Chance. They went 3 times while they were here.
I snapped this picture early one morning when Brett had gotten up with Jozalyn and was trying to let Jen sleep in while getting some time with the books studying for the Dental Boards. He was reading Dental Anatomy to his daughter. It might as well been written by Dr Seuss, because she was totally captivated. (Who wouldn't be, root canals have always been such a great source of entertainment for me)
Meet Braxton, Brett's shadow and best buddy. They have their own language. When Braxton gets hurt he let's Brett know if he "needs a hug" or if he can "walk it off". They have "Smack Down Time" and compare each other's "GUNS" and give each other "POWS". No little boy ever loved his daddy more and this daddy never needs to be reminded of what it feels like to be a little boy, because the lttle boy in him, is never very far away.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I love them! Brett & Jen make some of the best parents (after my own)

Jill said...

Brett and Jen are great parents, and it helps that their kids are absolutely adorable.

Big Bad Brett said...

Oh thank you I feel the love! We so appreciate you and hey we wouldn't be the so called, "great parents," if we didn't learn it from the best! Love ya, Jen

murphmann said...

SISTER HULET ( I will always call you that)

It is great to see the Hulet Family doing so well. Tell Brett I admire him for doing the dental thing. It was a road I thought I wanted, but my heart wasn't in it. Drop me a line @ murphmann@hotmail.com, or check out our blog at www.ourmurphylife.blogspot.com/.
HAve a great day