Monday, March 17, 2008

Tag, I'm it!

Jill tagged me. Here goes...

What I was doing 10 years ago...

Mothers Week at Ricks-Sleeping in Jill's roommate's bed (Thanks Alisha!) giggling, skipping all the mother's week classes and meeting all her friends.

Writing Christina and Brett on their missions.

Going on covert missions to retrieve an accidentally sent email.

Getting Nicole glasses.

Wishing I was skinny.

Glad to have another kid (Ben) get his driver's license.

Talking to Jill on the phone. (We'd just gotten caller ID and the name that came up every time she called was Farmer Ross...random memory)

I was attending CWU getting my much overdue education.

Proud of Barry for jump starting a new company.



Things on my to do list...

finish making Nic's temple dress

return library books

call Doctors office for results of my cholesterol test

clean house ...done (it's 8:45 am, definitely an over achiever)

start on Nic and Christian wedding video

laundry (also done)

make bread

visiting teach

okay, I'm going to stop...this is getting depressing



4 things I'd do if I had a billion dollars

I think money can create as many problems as it solves, so if I'm wishful thinking I'd like to do the following things...

get wood floors and a fireplace

pay off Ben's student loans

fly Jen Brett Brax and Jozelyn here for a visit

buy all of my kids a house near by

buy Barry the car of his dreams

help Barry start his own company

hire a nanny to potty train Avery and Braxton so their parents would only have one in diapers

put enough away for a comfortable retirement...

and then I would look for ways to make a difference in other people's lives (sorta like a white Oprah Winfrey)



Jobs I've had

Worked at Red Steer Drive In

taught sewing classes at fabric stores

substitute teacher



3 bad habits
I have a certain word I like to use to relieve stress
I always plan to start my diet tomorrow
I make cookies because I'm starting my diet tomorrow so it's the last time I'm going to get to have them in a while

6 things people would be surprised to know about me...
I am an avid recycler. I've been known to gather stuff at ward dinners and family get togethers and take it home to be sure it gets recycled.
I have an innate fear of someone touching my navel. I always sleep with a pillow on my stomach.
The smell of newborn baby poop brings back fond memories.
I'm a helicopter when it comes to my family. I'm always swooping in to save the day.
I have attractive feet. My toes angle perfectly with the exception of my little toe which has almost no nail and turns sideways.
I can turn my tongue over.

Okay...I tag Nicole, Christina, and Barry!!!

4 comments:

Benjamin said...

Student loans huh. I don't have any. I just have investment debt...but you are more than welcome to throw some cash that way...just kidding. Hope all is well.

Jill said...

Ben quit complaining, just be happy that you get money from mom with her billions. All I get is a nanny to go on poop patrol (wait I actually would LOVE THAT).

Sunshine said...

Hey - can you send the nanny on poop patrol over here too? 2 months later, and Caden still hasn't got the whole poop-goes-in-the-potty-and-not-in-your-underwear thing. UGH!

Katrina said...

i have an awesome family!